Students, if you’re interested in being a team leader next year, here’s the process:
1. Email Buhler ([email protected]) with the following information by Sunday 4/12/2015:
· The position(s) you’d like to apply for
· A statement on why you want to take on that leadership position
· A goal for the department you want to lead
· A goal for the whole team
· Your resume
· A signed copy of the Leadership Contract (click here for the form)
· If you want to be considered for more than one position, they must be related positions.
2. Interviews will be on Wednesday 4/15.
· Candidates will receive an email in Monday 4/13 with their assigned interview time.
· Please be aware that this will be a professional interview and that you should dress appropriately and arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
· Interviews will last approximately 15 minutes and will be conducted in the build space.
3. Some general expectations for student leaders for the 2015-2016 are:
· Leaders will be able to speak to a large group of people to describe their department, the team and the robot
· Leaders will attend all full team meetings/build sessions and other specified team functions
· Leaders will create execute a training plan for their department for the fall semester
· Leaders will create a personnel work schedule for their department
· Leaders will provide timely communication with their department and the leadership team
Here are the positions available:
CEO (Chief Executive Officer)
Overall team leader. Determines direction/vision of the team. The person in this position will determine the overall goals of the team and the processes for meeting those goals. Coordinates with Head Coach. Coordinates all team meetings.
COO (Chief Operations Officer)
Directs daily operations of the team. Coordinates with CEO to determine overall team schedule, Ensures team meets team goals and schedule.
CTO (Chief Technical Officer)
Coordinates all robot build departments to ensure communication and that the robot is built correctly.
VP of Public Relations
Coordinates the team’s public face/image including social media; media contact (newspapers/TV, etc.); demonstrations, etc.
VP of Team Relations
Coordinates team building activities and team’s competition image (t-shirts, buttons, mascot, pit design).
VP of Manipulator
Coordinates design and construction of the robot manipulator (the part of the robot that plays the game).
VP of Wiring/Pneumatics
Coordinates design and construction of the robot wiring and pneumatics.
VP of Drive Train
Coordinates design and construction of the robot drive train (the part of the robot that moves the robot around).
VP of Scouting and Strategy
Develops the team’s competition strategy and coordinates robot/team scouting at competitions.
VP of Quality Assurance
Ensures that the team creates quality parts/systems and is the team’s safety captain.
Coordinates the operation of the Programming Department.
Chief Software Architect
Works with the Programming VP to develop the robot software.
VP of Special Projects
Coordinates all team projects that aren’t the responsibility of any other department.